I will be using M$ virtual server 2005 R2, you can download it from M$ for free.
The machine will hold the guest machines, will need lots of memory.
If you are going to do all the steps below, you will need windows 2003 R2 Ent & 5+ GB memory at least
If you are going to do skip step 6 and 7, you will need windows 2003 R2 STD & 4GB memory at least.
100G+ HDD is also needed.
This is what we are going to do.
- Install and setup M$ virtual server 2005 R2.
- Build a Windows 2003 R2 standard.
- Copy and use the Windows 2003 R2 Std to build a Windows domain controller.
- Build a Windows 2003 R2 Ent.
- Copy and use the Windows 2003 R2 Ent to build two node exchange 2003 back-end clusters.
- Copy and use the Windows 2003 R2 Std to build a exchange Network Load Balanced front end server. (optional)
- How to apply service packs / patches.
- Simulate a node failure and recovery.
- Simulate a network failure and recovery.
- How to add more than 2 nodes.
- Simulate a quorum disk failure and recovery.